Yes! After a messy couple of days which were completely dominated by a pet (guinea pig) being diagnosed with cancer, and having to urgently find a new (extremely secondhand) car, I have just about caught up with my word-count. I had only fallen behind by two days, but I’m well aware that two days becomes a slippery slope to 3 & 4 days, and the ‘oh, I’ll catch up at the weekend’ which inevitably fails.
So, I’m good now. I’ve got just over 3k per day left, and a little extra to write because I know Scrivener and Nanowrimo word-counts never match up accurately. My Scrivener export to Word omits the notes I make, so the difference becomes evident when I drop it in for checking.
Things I now know about my story:
- I’ve forced my unknown ending to come together in a reasonable way.
- I will need to change the entire centre of the book as it’s far too dull.
- I can’t wait to plot out the story I’ve written with the one I should have written.
- I really enjoyed the discipline of writing frequently again.
- My protagonist is like a limp lettuce.
- I shouldn’t write characters with Scottish accents.
- I need to do a lot of research into relief efforts following a serious wildfire.
Looking forward to doing it all again in 2016!